Attendees who fully participate in this program will obtain 25 hours of CME.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through Adaptrack, Powered by CMEfy that reward AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The specific objectives of this conference are to educate healthcare professionals on different aspects of sleep medicine that are not typically included in medical school curriculum.
• Identify patients with OSA
• Identify patients with RLS
• Identify patients with narcolepsy
• Identify patients with different forms of insomnia
• Work in a collaborative fashion with dentists to treat patients with OSA
• Identify children with sleep disturbances
• Make proper referrals to appropriate specialists for surgical or orthodontic management of patient airways
• Understand the results of sleep testing and when to use a Home vs in-lab sleep study.
Educational method: The contents are provided by live in-person lectures.
This is intended for an audience ranging from primary care physicians to specialists. Any healthcare professional who cares for patients will come across those with sleep disorders since they are very common. Therefore, all healthcare professionals can benefit from this conference.
Most physicians do not screen for sleep disorders yet about 1/3 of the population has an issue with sleep. Physicians have a responsibility to screen for these conditions that will otherwise lead to other health-related consequences. Additionally, most physicians have not recognized the benefits of collaboration with dentists in regard to airway management.
We are going to address the benefits of collaboration. We will point out industrial accidents and other health burdens that result from the lack of sleep disorder identification and management by our current healthcare system:
● There are no prerequisites to attend this conference.
● This conference is made available by registration fees and vendors who will be in the food area, separate from the lecture room.